Monday, July 03, 2006

 

52 Tips for Selecting a Pond kit, Pond Construction and Maintenance(14)

20. My husband and I have been having a discussion as to the difference between a waterfall and a creek bed. Can you help?


This sounds like a job for Dear Abby. Since you didn’t tell me who was taking what position I will venture to wade into the mire.

It is my understanding that to a waterfall the water must leave the surface of the rock and free-fall. In a creek bed or cascade, the water may tumble but does not leave the surface of the rock.

I’m glad you asked this question for I feel the word waterfall is used inaccurately in many cases where we have, in fact, a cascade.

For more information about Pond and Fountainp Pros, please check our website at Pond and Fountain Pros.

Thank you!

Jim Wilder

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?