Monday, November 13, 2006

 

52 Tips for Selecting a Pond kit, Pond Construction and Maintenance(31)

MAINTENANC


37. My wife says I don’t have the personality to keep up the maintenance on a pond. How much maintenance is there with a pond?


Some of my best business decisions were to walk away from two types of potential pond owners. When I go to look at a backyard and see that nothing is being maintained, I automatically raise my bid, by a lot. If they don’t take of anything else, why would I expect them to take care of a pond? If the pond is not maintained it is bad advertising for the industry and me. Also, I would expect a lot of callbacks because ‘the equipment must not be working properly’ because the water is green when, in fact, they haven’t done a thing to the pond for 4 months. I don’t need the headache.


The second types of people I try to avoid are those who cannot accept any dirt, anywhere, any time. A pond, by its nature, has dirt. If someone can’t handle seeing any dirt, they should not have a pond. It will drive them, and me, crazy. See previous question.


Pond maintenance includes removing fallen leaves, cleaning the filter, adding bacteria and occasional (yearly) draining and cleaning. Also, plants need to be maintained. Other questions address pond maintenance in more depth.


For more information about Pond and Fountain Pros, please checke out our website at Pond and Fountain Pros.


Thank you!


Jim Wilder


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?